TRIPLE ‘A’ REGIONAL COLLABORATION
1:30 pm Thursday & 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Friday, June 13 & 14, 2013
Granville Island Hotel, Vancouver, BC
Gain a triple ‘A’ rating on regional relations through good Assessment, Analysis and Action. Plan to attend a dynamic learning opportunity for Chief Elected Officials only who want to improve inter-municipal and regional cooperation. Develop a clear rationale and principles for collaboration. Use criteria to identify ideal targets for shared services. Learn strategies to develop regional partnership strategies. This session will be a highly interactive opportunity to share ideas with colleagues, learn new techniques and leave with tools to help you make an immediate leadership difference in your organization.
- Discuss the benefits and pitfalls of regional cooperation efforts
- Explore process steps for successful collaboration
- Apply techniques to develop shared service and strategies
- Discuss real time collaboration road blocks
- Share best practices with colleagues from throughout BC
FORUM COMPETENCIES (concepts, techniques and ideas)
- Initiate a regional cooperation process – phase and activities
- Create a regional cooperation protocol – principles and rationale
- Develop shared service strategies – options analysis and action plans
- Sustain a regional cooperation strategy – ongoing implementation and monitoring
Dr. Gordon McIntosh of the Local Government Leadership Institute has delivered 950 training sessions involving 120,000 elected and administrative officials throughout Canada and overseas.
- Practical Toolkit – user friendly implementation aids to immediately apply learning; and
- Real Life Challenges – problem solving for issues identified by participants.
The cost of this executive program is $375.00 plus GST.
Eydie Fraser at LGLA (250) 250.356.5275 for more information.
- For accommodation, contact the Granville Island Hotel @ 1-800-663-1840
- Download the Chief Elected Officials (CEO) Forum Notice [PDF]
- Download the CEO Forum Registration [Word]