THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS: REFLECTING ON LEADERSHIP
FEBRUARY 5-7, 2014
RADISSON HOTEL VANCOUVER AIRPORT, RICHMOND
Thanks to all of the excellent speakers, organizers and delegates who helped to make the 2014 LGLA Leadership Forum a great success! This year’s provincial “Reflecting on Leadership” forum provided a time and place for local government and First Nations leaders from around the province to connect, learn from a range of experienced presenters, and share their stories with one another.
Session materials (where available) are posted below – please feel free to download and make use of these excellent resource materials.
Stay tuned for the 2015 Newly Elected/Returning Elected Seminar Series announcements. We have events scheduled around the province – involving, as always, a mix of inspiring plenary sessions, practical workshops, and networking opportunities. We hope to see you there!
2014 FORUM SLIDESHOW
2014 FORUM MATERIALS
Program Highlight Announcements [PDF]
- 2014 LGLA Forum Program Highlight #1 – Keynote Address
- 2014 LGLA Forum Program Highlight #2 – Thursday Evening Plenary Panel
- 2014 LGLA Forum Program Highlight #3 – Reflecting on the Personal
- 2014 LGLA Forum Program Highlight #4 – Young Leaders and Engaging all Generations
- 2014 LGLA Forum Program Highlight #5 – Local Government Basics
- 2014 LGLA Forum Program Highlight #6 – Interview with Keynote Speaker
Wednesday, February 5 Sessions
Leaders Plenary Panel: A Fresh Perspective on Local Government
- Mayor Taylor Bachrach, Smithers [PDF]
- Councillor John Jack, Huu-ay-aht First Nation & ACRD [PDF]
- Mayor Josie Osborne, Tofino
Thursday, February 6 Sessions
- Chief Rob Everson, K’omoks First Nation and Chair Edwin Grieve, CVRD [PDF]
- Mayor Phil Kent, Duncan: Presentation [PDF] and Council/CAO Covenant [PDF]
- Mayor John Ruttan, Nanaimo [PDF]
Citizen Engagement: Engaging Canada to Work for all Generations – Dr. Paul Kershaw, UBC (Generation Squeeze Campaign)
Building Public Trust in Local Government
- Mike Harcourt
- Jennifer Clarke
- Dr. Gerald Baier, UBC, (Centre for the Study of Democratic Institutions)
Friday, February 7 Sessions
For more information contact LGLA Program Manager, Errin Morrison, at email@example.com.